So.. my mum asked if I could make the saturday-lunch. Ususally we eat not a big lunch.. just some soup or a salad. So I decided to make a popular Swiss-Soup! We call it “Gerstensuppe” – Barleysoup! It’s veeery good and we eat it a lot here in Switzerland during the cold winter! Enjoy your meal!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 105g field garlic, slitted
- 150g carrots, diced
- 170g celery, diced
- 100g bacon bits or Air-dried beef from the Grisons, diced
- 120g pearl barley
- 1 onion
- 1 veal-tootsie
- 1.5 liter water
- 2 tablespoon bouillon
- salt, pepper
How to make Swiss Gerstensuppe (Barleysoup)
1. Butter a pan and wait till it’s warm.
2. Add the field garlich, carrots, celery and bacon bits. Steam for 5 minutes.
3. Add the pearl barley and steam it in short.
4. Add the water.
5. Add the bouillon and let it cook. Boil the heat down, cover and let it cook for 30 min.
6. Take the veal-tootsie out and flavor the soup and serve. Enjoy.