Chocolate Raspberry Cocos Balls
- 35g cocoa powder
- 80ml water
- 150g dark chocolate, melted
- 150g butter, melted
- 300g brown sugar
- 130g almond meal
- 4 eggs, separated
- cocos, chopped
how to make CRCB
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease 22cm-round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
2. Blend sifted cocoa with the water in a bowl until smooth. Stir in melted chocolate and butter, almond meal and egg yolks.
3. Beat egg whites in an other bowl until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites, in two batches, into chocolate mixture.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan; bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Take it out and add the sugar very carefully (attention.. there’s egg white in it.. so don’t overact). (i know.. this sounds probably pretty strange… same to me… but as i said.. this recipe was pure improvisation.. and ya… turned out well *g*) Bake the cake again – this time for about 70 minutes.
5. Take the cake out and wait till it’s a bit cooled down. (not too long please)
6. Now.. you have to destroy the cake. *yiha*… Take some of the cake and make small balls with your fingers. (like making truffles)
7. Turn every ball in the cocos flakes.
8. Take for every ball a raspberry and a toothpick and put it through the choco ball.
9. Here you go… a delicious, sweet fingerfood!