Pancakes in Switzerland are getting more and more popular. There are already some cafés where you can get some for breakfast – but still it’s an US-thing and due to my vacations in New York and in the Caribbean I’ve started to love pancakes. There are a lot of ways to make pancakes. You can make the classic one or with apples, blueberries, wholemeal-pancakes..and so on! Sandro and I usually make the classic ones and add some cinnamon to the mixture. Topped with apples, bananas or peaches is it one of my fav breakfasts. Furthermore is it so easy to make your own butter mix. Just take the berries or fruits you like the most. Bon appetit!
- 180g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 30g sugar (2 table spoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200ml milk
- 30g butter, melt
- 2 eggs
- 125g butter, creamy
- 90ml cherryconfiture
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-juice
- maple sirup
- powdered sugar
So.. I first made the cherry butter… as you have to cool it down
1. Mix all the ingredients creamy. Fill it in little bowls. Put it into the fridge and serve it with the pancakes. (Delicious on pancakes, waffles, french toast or just on “normal” toast.)
for 10 pancakes (depends on the size)
1. Mix all dry ingredients and all liquid ingredients separately.
2. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients. Attention!!! Don’t overact with stirring – otherwise they’ll get adamant! It doesn’t matter if there are some flour clots.
3. Butter the pan. If it’s hot enough (splash some water into the pan…if it’s hot enough it sizzles) it’s ready.
4. Give 2-3 tablespoons of the dough in the pan. The pancakes shouldn’t touch each other! (You can make them as big or small as you want!)
5. Wait till the pancakes blubbling on the top – then you can turn them around. Don’t turn them just around for many times!!! Just once… wait enough long till you turn them…Look if they’re already goldbrown on the underside…then turn around! If the 2nd side also goldbrown take them out and put them into the oven to keep them warm till you will serve them.
6. Serve warm with the cherry butter, maple sirup and powdered sugar. You will love it!