So.. the original recipe is by Donna Hay. I’m not a big Pasta fan – but my family loves it. I wanted to have some vegetables.. – here we go – very easy to cook and delicious!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive-Oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlics, pressed
- 3 Zucchinis, planed
- 3 Tomatoes, chopped
- spices: Paprica, black pepper, chili
- 400gr. Spaghetti
How to do it
- Heat up the oil in a pan.
- Fry the onions and garlics.
- Now add the Zucchinis and Tomatoes and fry as well.
- Now spice with pepper, paprica, chili etc…
- So.. if the vegetables are ready give the Spaghettis to the vegetables and mix everything well.
- Serve and enjoy.
So.. my mum asked if I could make the saturday-lunch. Ususally we eat not a big lunch.. just some soup or a salad. So I decided to make a popular Swiss-Soup! We call it “Gerstensuppe” – Barleysoup! It’s veeery good and we eat it a lot here in Switzerland during the cold winter! Enjoy your meal!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 105g field garlic, slitted
- 150g carrots, diced
- 170g celery, diced
- 100g bacon bits or Air-dried beef from the Grisons, diced
- 120g pearl barley
- 1 onion
- 1 veal-tootsie
- 1.5 liter water
- 2 tablespoon bouillon
- salt, pepper
How to make Swiss Gerstensuppe (Barleysoup)
1. Butter a pan and wait till it’s warm.
2. Add the field garlich, carrots, celery and bacon bits. Steam for 5 minutes.
3. Add the pearl barley and steam it in short.
4. Add the water.
5. Add the bouillon and let it cook. Boil the heat down, cover and let it cook for 30 min.
6. Take the veal-tootsie out and flavor the soup and serve. Enjoy.
My little sister asked me for cooking something asian. So.. I love tofu, curry and rice. Don’t like noodles… so I bought some very good and fresh ingredients and started.
Ingredients (4-5 persons)
- 300g basmati rice
- 9dl water
- tofu as much as you like
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 bananas
- 500g pineapple
- 200ml cocosmilk
- 2 paprikas
- if you want a pack of instant-curry
- chinese spice
- curry spices
1. Wash the rice till the water is clear. 2. Boil the rice with the water and a tablespoon salt for 5 minutes.3. Let it cook on a smaller level for 13 minutes.
Curry-Tofu-Sauce1. During cooking the rice you can prepare the vegetables.2. Dice the tofu, zucchini, paprikas, tomatoes, pineapples and bananas. 3. First of all roast the tofu in a fry pan. (If you have use a wok!) Then add one vegetable a time and roast. Add the cocosmilk and the different spices. I season always the rice too. So if you want you can add also some of the curry-instant to the vegetables. If it’s hot enough take it away from the hotplate.
Now serve it on a nice plate. I made some rice-wits (?!) and serve the curry-vegetables in a small plate on the same plate. Of course you can also mix the rice and vegetables together and serve it as well. However you prefer it… it will taste delicious!
My best girlfriend Laura was yesterday here and we bake together the Cupcakes and the New York Cheesecake… Ya… after hours of baking we get hungry! So… what can we eat? PANCAKES! Yeah.. first time that I had Pancakes for dinner! So easy to make and yummi.. was exactly the food that we wanted! After this great dinning we watched the movie “No Reservations” and the evening was perfect! So.. go and try these Pancakes! (for breakfast or dinning…whenever you want)
The IngredientsPancakesDry ingredients
- 360g flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 60gsugar (4 table spoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 400ml milk
- 60g butter, melt
- 4 eggs
Strawberry butter- 250g butter, creamy
- 180ml strawberryconfiture
- 1 teaspoon lemon-juice
- 4-7 apples
- maple sirup
- powdered sugar
The MethodClassic Pancakes for about 18 pancakes (depends on the size)
1. Mix all dry ingredients and all liquid ingredients separately.
2. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients. Attention!!! Don’t overact with stirring – otherwise they’ll get adamant! It doesn’t matter if there are some flour clots.
3. Butter the pan. If it’s hot enough (splash some water into the pan…if it’s hot enough it sizzles) it’s ready.
4. Give 2-3 tablespoons of the dough in the pan. The pancakes shouldn’t touch each other! (You can make them as big or small as you want!)
5. Wait till the pancakes are blubbling on the top – then you can turn them around. Don’t turn them just around for many times!!! Just once… wait enough long till you turn them…Look if they’re already goldbrown on the underside…then turn around! If the 2nd side also goldbrown take them out and put them into the oven to keep them warm till you will serve them.
Serve warm with the strawberry butter, maple sirup, crushed apples and powdered sugar. You will love it!
So.. let’s do the strawberry butter… (I would to it before you make the pancakes, because you have to cool it down in the fridge!)
1. Mix all the ingredients creamy. Fill it in little bowls. Put it into the fridge and serve it with the pancakes. (Delicious on pancakes, waffles, french toast or just on “normal” toast.)
Crushed applesOk.. I think I don’t have to explain. Take 4-7 apples and sift them. Enjoy on pancakes… So you have a healthy version of pancakes!